On Wednesday 11 September 2002 19:51, Michael Brade wrote: > Just to sneak in a thought I had when reading the discussion of > this unfortunate situation. > > On Tuesday 10 September 2002 19:45, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > this isn't the only option. there are several other options, most > > of which include some variation of: > > > > [...] > > o allowing branch to become HEAD eventually > > Yes, and this is exactly what Don wants, his aim he didn't talk > about yet: _he_ is the current self-proclaimed maintainer of the > branch and if it becomes HEAD he will claim maintainership of > KMail, this time with more arguments than just "I am still the real > one". > > Don't get me wrong, I would have nothing against Don as maintainer > if it is in public agreement but I really don't like the way things > are going right now (e.g. claiming maintainership instead of asking > for it). Well I'm really hurt by this. If it's not possible to adopt a free software project, and this is what Michael has told me in private mail, then I really wonder what those people who took up maintainership of Elter's orphaned packages just did. Don. _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail