On Tuesday 10 September 2002 21:45, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > kmail needs attention payed to its UI. based on past discussion of things > on the kmail list such as the multiple methods of handling attachments (i > count no less than 16 possible combinations, based on two sets of 4 optio= ns > that are set in two completely different areas of the UI!), i have > discovered that the current kmail developers are unable to grasp the need > for such changes and are unwilling to allow them to occur. Wow, that was hard. As long as I remember you can always check in patches i= f=20 they're resonable and the head branch is not currently in a feature freeze.= =20 Or did I miss something? I always got helpful critics for my patches. > and that's cool. i'm not the maintainer. i humbly and quietly bow to their > wishes, insight and desires. no matter how wrong they are. > > but now there is a branch where i can explore the many needed UI changes > with a fairly free hand. i can not do this in HEAD even if i wanted to, > which i don't because i find fighting to get patches into HEAD KMail > tiresome. i have the stomach and energy for about one KMail patch per > release given the struggle it is to put even the most trivial of items in= to > HEAD. > > if the HEAD maintainers like the UI changes (which i hope they will) then > they can be ported over. if not, they can stay in the branch. at least i > get to do what needs to get done SOMEWHERE. =2D-=20 Regards, Carsten Burghardt _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail