List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Stuff I'm working on
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2002-09-10 11:41:13

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 13:35, Don Sanders wrote:
> Yes I have thought about this a lot.
>
> If by offline IMAP you mean being able to read IMAP mail when offline
> then yes I plan to implement that already.

This is exactly what I mean. It's a great thing to have if you're taking your
laptop with you on some trip. Or even just to avoid using fetchmail for the
normal modem user.

> I want to convert
> kmfolderimap to being maildir based and save the full mail to disk
> when it is retrieved. I want to do this by default.

I agree that this is the only reasonable approach for the local cache.

> IMAP synchronization? Do you mean full disconnected support, so that
> you can delete mails and then when you go back online have the mail
> automatically deleted from the server?

Yes. Otherwise you can't spend your time reading mail on the train.

> In that case I think KMCommands can help we can queue a list of
> KMCommands that have to be applied when the connection is
> re-established and then run each command in the queue.

Is this necessary? The flags on messages already provides what is needed. I
just need to change the deletion of files so it just flags deleted (which
will be nice for reading threaded mail also) and then delete them when
syncing.

OTOH, it would be much more flexible to have a command list for the server
when we're copying or moving or ... mails around.

Bo.

     Klaralvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark