List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Revert of not?
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-08 12:42:09

On Sunday 08 September 2002 12:53, Don Sanders wrote:
> Would people like me to revert independent commands code or not?

I don't think it makes sense after they were in this long (but see
below). There's a bad taste to that, of course, since you made a
precedent that stubbornness and ignorance of majority and maintainer
decisions can now bring a patch to CVS in feature freeze. :-(

> I'm not prepared to revert some of it and not other parts of it, it's
> an all or nothing decision.

Oh, are we back to the workload issue again, yes? :-((

I'd very much like to get the separate reader window stuff reverted, and
not the KMCommands. But if _you_ make it an all-or-nothing thing, I'd
personally prefer to revert all, then.

> There are no outstanding bugs in it that I know of.

Scan the list, then. ;-)

> I don't regard the missing icons in the context menu as a bug,

Ah, yes. It's one of them little bugs that others can care about while
you work on the "more serious" things, isn't it? :-(

As someone who does tons of these little boring fixes and tries to
create a framework for the big ones, let me tell you that your attitude
is unbearable.

> and I
> don't regard the use of setTransferInProgress as being an
> unacceptable.

Obviously, the maintainer thinks otherwise. I can't comment on this
issue, though.

> Please decide.

You have already decided, I'd say.
Asking others is a nice way to clear one's conscience, though.

Marc

--
They [RIAA,MPAA] are trying to invent a new crime:
interference with a business model.