List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Show green ColorBar for unchecked OpenPGP messages?
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2002-09-03 18:55:31

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 07:56:36PM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 15:14, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> <snip>
> > Still this holds the usability problem that people will think
> > the mail is verified and okay, if they only see a prominent green
> > color.
>
> Umm, you _tried_ that, didn't you?

You mean an experiment with real users? No.
But I saw the color bar in several versions.

> The colorbar is not at all "prominent", given the big, fat status frame
> surrounding the signed/encrypted part.

It is, especially when there is no status frame.
Anyway it is too prominent. Green will overpower yellow
and you always have to look close.

> > Furthermore what will happen if the OpenPGP mail contains
> > text/html parts? What happens with inner mail/rfc822 parts, which
> > might be S/MIME, OpenPGP, html and again contain text/html?
>
> I have yet to see a message like that, but if you search the archives,
> I've proposed an algorithm for that. ;-)

I was thinking about the visual representation.

> Otherwise: use the source, Luke :-)

Is that a permission for us to change this color bar behaviour? ;)