List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Stuff
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-07 3:51:15

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 17:21, Marc Mutz wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 August 2002 08:53, Don Sanders wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I see, moving common functionality into a library makes sense.
> > But perhaps two libraries are required as the message parsing
> > library shouldn't depend on or even have its source in the same
> > directory as this other common code.
>
> Yes, but currently libkdenetwork serves as a pool of all that
> stuff: kmime, kpgp, common widgets,... and it seves it well. If
> kmime or kpgp or kmime::ui near completion API-wise, one can think
> of separating them into libs of their own.

I think it would be nice if an independent code base as large as the
message parser is kept in a separate directory to avoid or at least
discourage accidental dependencies being introduced.

But the important thing is that we agree conceptually it should be an
independent code base.

> > Regarding refactoring the core of KMail, I'm not sure what you
> > mean by core.
>
> <snip>
>
> message, folder, account classes & related config code.
> To a wider extend "central classes" like kmheader, kmcomposewin,
> kmreader, kmmainwin. Those are full of years-old code, while the
> rtest of Kmail was rewritten in one way or the other in the last 1
> 1/2 years.

I guess I see things differently. I see the majority of the code
remaining the same, with some extensions being made.

Don.

--
Don Sanders