On Tuesday 30 July 2002 23:53, Seth Kurtzberg wrote: >Hello, > >I recently updated my kmail to 3.0.0-10 from the RedHat 7.3 > distribution. (Lot's of excellent improvements.) Twice I have > gotten into a strange state that was only cleared by rebooting. > I've been using kmail for more than a year and I very rarely have > problems, so I think it is likely that the problem is related to > the new installation, either of kmail or of KDE in general. > >Basically, in this state I am unable to send. When I send, I see > the message on the frame in the lower left corner saying "one or > more messages had send errors." (I didn't write down the exact > phrase, but that is the gist of it.) > >I tried changing the outgoing SMTP server, restarting the network > on the machine, stopping and restarting kmail, none of which > appeared to change anything. I ran an Ethereal trace and did not > see any packets leaving the machine, not even a connect attempt > to the mail server. > >Other programs are working correctly (or, to be more precise, > there are no obvious problems). After rebooting, everything > appears normal. This happens infrequently, twice in the last > week. > >Any suggestions? A known problem? Should I download newer code? I saw that several times with 3.0.0, but not since 3.0.2 was installed from sources here. At least now if I get a message stuck in the out cue, I can simply drag & drop it someplace else till I figure out why the network isn't. (my ISP has a tech that can't keep his dns authoritative to upstream dns's... Sucks) -- Cheers, Gene AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M Athlon1600XP@1400mhz 512M 99.09% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail