List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Stuff
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2002-07-30 6:58:48

I'm wrong to say there's anything inherently wrong with an async
messaging library.

There's no reason why such a library can't be as efficient both memory
and time wise as an async library. If KMime is anything like Marcs
other work I expect this is the case.

Determining whether a message is already downloaded is obviously the
duty of the mail client, I would be surprised if the abstraction
between the mail client and message library was broken in KMime,
after all it's in libkdenetwork so can't rely on kdenetwork/kmail
header files.

I do get annoyed at some of Marc's KMail architecture criticisms. Some
of his criticisms are valid. However I feel that other criticisms are
not valid. A simple bug or missing feature that is relatively easy to
fix may be mistakenly labeled as a deep architectural problem.

Don.