List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP not working
From:       Till Krech <till () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 22:51:44

On Monday 29 July 2002 19:38, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> On Friday 26 July 2002 21:05, Till Krech wrote:
> > Hi,
> > kmail IMAP in HEAD is not working here since a week or so.
> > Does anyone have the same problem ?
> >
> > I looked into the code, ran kmail with gdb.
> > All I can say is that in kmacctmgr.cc, the variable 'checking' is set to
> > true and then is apparently never reset again. This makes any function
> > which is trying to check the mail return immediately.
> >
> > POP works with kmail. The same IMAP account as in kmail works with
> > netscape.
> >
> > It's neither a network problem nor an authentication problem. tcpdump
> > shows no traffic. It simply happens nothing when I use the various
> > methods from the UI to check my imap mail.
> >
> > What should I do, where should I look?
> >
> > regards, till
>
> I don't have that problem here, so you should describe "is not working" a
> little bit more.

Didn't I do this? It was the best description, I could give. There was simply
a big, deep nothing when I clicked on my empty imap folder, tried to check
mail with the toolbar button, the separate accounts to check, which pop up if
I click longer onto the toolbar and even with 'dcop kmail kmail checkMail':
Nothing.

But now its fixed and I thank Malte Starostik and Zack Rusin for doing this
apparently in a common effort.

Have fun, Till

--
Till Krech from Berlin, Germany is happy with
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP * KDE: 3.0.6 (KDE 3.1 alpha1)