List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Problem with passphrase entry
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-28 0:18:05

Hi,

not sure if this is a KMail or rather gpg-agent / pinentry problem. The first
time I try to send an encrypted/signed mail or read an encrypted one, i.e.
the first time I need my passphrase, I get the error message
<quote>
This message could not be signed!

The Crypto Plug-In /usr/local/aegypten/lib/gpgme/gpgme-openpgp.so
reported the following details:

    #19 : No Passphrase

Your configuration might be invalid or the Plug-In damaged.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
</quote>

instead of pinentry's passphrase dialog. When I try again, it works okay.
This behaviour is 100% reproducable.
Am I the only one with this problem?
-Malte

PS: Hitting "Cancel" in pinentry's dialog just brings up pinentry again, and
again, and again; only after the third time it's possible to cancel the whole
thing, which also shows the above error message. IMNSHO the "Cancel" button
should just do what its label suggests ;-)

After trying to cancel the entry this way, gpg-agent needs to be restarted and
a zombie pinentry process keeps hanging around.
--
"Corporations cross borders all the time in search of people to exploit for
profit and no one stops them. They call this process Globalisation. On the