List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: We need a short boilerplate text for KMail for various flyers
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-27 23:29:08

On Saturday 27 July 2002 18:49, Marc Mutz wrote:
> ... although it's probably too late for the next series of flyers ;-(
> Maybe we can put it on the homepage and on the Introduction page?
> My proposal (draft):
>
> KMail, KDE's easy to use mail client, offers support for all major
> EMail standards including IMAP, POP3 and S/MIME. It features the
> industries leading OpenPGP integration, one of the most powerful
> filtering components, native support for the robust Maildir folder
> format and innovative mailing list handling.

I think the last thing should be removed. The only thing we have in the
HEAD at this point is "filter on mailinglist", which hardly counts as
"innovative mailing list handling". I postponed my mailinglist handling
rework till 3.2 (see the feature list), because I want to concentrate
on fixing some of the recently reported crashes for 3.1 and Dan's
addition of KMCommand and KMAsyncCommand, most probably, won't
magically eliminate all of them and it kind of scares me.

>   KMail repeatedly was the subject of promotion by the German
> Government and <and what?>
a) <various smart and beautiful people worldwide> - for teenagers
b) <best hackers worldwide> - for l33t people around the globe,
c) <hardcore/punks> - for me,
d) <Open Source community> - for all the rest.

Zack

--
A bash poem: time for echo in canyon; do echo $echo $echo; done