List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Problems getting crypto plugins to work
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-04-29 7:04:09

Hi all,

I fail to understand what's wrong. I cannot get the OpenPGP-Plugin to sign
mails. I've searched the website of the Aegypten project for documentation,
but it's very terse.

So far I understood that:
- I need to have the gpg-agent running and the GPG_AGENT_INFO variable set
- I need to have the GNUPGHOME variable set, pointing to my ~/.gnupg directory
- I need the pinentry-qt program and the gpg-agent know where it is located

I have the latest CVS versions of newpg, gpgme, libksba, pinentry, and OpenPGP
1.6, libgcrypt 1.1.6. I'm running an up-to-date version of kmail from CVS.

What am I missing in this picture?

Whenever I try to send a signed message, the plugin reports Error #19 (No
Passphrase), yet it never asks about a passphrase. I understand that it
should ask gpg-agent for my secret key, which in turn should use the pinentry
program to request the information.

Is there any HowTo available with step by step instructions? I tried to find
something on the net, but as I said, the information available is very terse.

regards,
	matze