List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Displays of Attachments
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-28 9:51:15

On Sunday 28 April 2002 11:30, Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:

> After rereading your message: Are you possible talking about layout 2? If
> yes, just don't use it. I don't think it is particularly logical either,
> but it is a good solution if you still want to have the mime tree (i.e.,
> do not want to turn it off completely), but want it to be as unobtrusive
> as possible, without taking away too much space from the message viewer
> (which, after all, contains the contents you are interested in).

Yes, that's the reason why Layout 2 is there: some people (like me :)) get
many of their mass mails in MIME digest form and so it might be good to have
the mime part tree just below the folder list: If there are lots of mails
in my digest I just increase the mime part tree's height.

In this case I am interested in seeing the begining of the includes mails'
names to quickly decide whether I am going to have a look at this one or
whether it is just a continuation of a discussion thread I am not following
anyway...

Cheers,

Karl-Heinz

PS: BTW, having Dockable Windgets is the best solution (actually our code
    is containing the respective statements as commented text allready)
    but we will not be able to use these until _USABILITY_ of KDockWidget
    has been improved widely.
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>