List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Displays of Attachments
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-28 4:56:48

On Saturday 27 April 2002 23:10, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Saturday 27 April 2002 22:47, Daniel Naber wrote:
> <snip screenshot of mimeparttreeviewer>
>
> > Almost. I'd expect it to be below the message, not below the folder
> > list.
>
> <snip>
>
> You can put it in various places.

Exactly, I had 12 places here on my piece of paper and 10 of them really
make a lot of sense..

But select only a few instead of offering 10 different layout possibilities
sounded more reasonable to us.

> Below the message was overlooked, but I
> guess Kalle or khz will fix that soonish... ;-)

I do not 'believe' so since I don't see that there is anything to be 'fixed'.

If the current layout is not what you (or some of you) like In stongly
recomend the following way of solving the problem:

*  Collect all possible layouts.

*  Make a public election to find out which of them we shall add.

By /not/ acting like this we will allways end up facing the same question:
"We isn't it possible to have the xx windows under/on top of/to the left/
 to the right/between/.../... the yy windows (and the zz window).

Or should we really have 10 different layouts to choose from??

Cheers,

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>