List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Sigs don't work
From:       Peter Hutnick <peter-lists () hutnick ! com>
Date:       2002-04-15 22:07:47

Using KMail 1.4, from the Red Hat packages.

I can't get KMail to add a sig.  I have tried the "Input field below" and the
"file" options.  I would prefer file because I want all my identities that
use a sig to use the same one.  I saw something else about sigs on the list
that had to do with a bum upgrade script.  I couldn't really follow the
discussion.

The (AFAIK) relevant sections of my kmailrc are below.  Obvious changes have
been made to protect the innocent.

   [Identity]
   Default PGP Key=76CA8A59
   Drafts=drafts
   Email Address=xxx@someisp.tld
   Fcc=sent-mail
   Identity=Default
   IdentityList=xxx@xxxxxx.xxx,xxxxx,xxxxxx,xxx
   Name=Peter Hutnick
   Organization=
   Reply-To Address=
   Signature File=/home/peter/.signature
   Transport=
   UseSignatureFile=true
   VCardFile=

   [Identity-someisp.tld]
   Email Address=xxx@someisp.tld
   Identity=someisp.tld
   Inline Signature=
   Name=Peter Hutnick
   Organization=
   Reply-To Address=
   Signature File=/home/peter/.signature
   Transport=
   UseSignatureFile=true
   VCardFile=

To be clear, would the sig just be inserted in the message editing window when
I do compose?  I have sent a bunch of test emails to myself in case this
isn't how it works, and I'd like to stop if it is pointless.

Thanks,
Peter