List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kmfoldertree.cpp Efficiency Improvement
From:       markcox <markcox () iprimus ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-04-15 10:52:18

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:19, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Saturday 13 April 2002 03:11, markcox wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Here is a patch to kmfoldertree.cpp.
> > While i was reading through the code, i noticed that the addChildFolder()
> > function had many unnecessary pointer dereferences and function calls.
> > I have made a patch to clean this up and also to remove one 'if' by
> > reorganising the code.
> >
> > I don't have commit access, so if this seems okay, could some-one commit
> > it for me.
>
> <snip>
>
> Don't optimize something that is not a bottleneck. I don't see how this
> patch will speed up anything at all :-o
>
> Now, if you argued that your patch makes that particular function more
> _readable_, that would be another issue ;-)
>
> Marc
I would argue that my patch makes the function more readable because it cleans
up the logic and Also, before there were two different ways of referring to
the same thing, some lines of code used one notation, others used another.
With my patch, all the code uses the same notation. From my point of view,
that makes it much easier to read.