List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-cafe] Sometimes I hate KDE...
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-31 21:00:19

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> BTW, are you sure that all mail is lost? Maybe kmail just doesn't
> display the messages anymore because some index files or the IMAP
> message cache got corrupted. But that's just a wild guess because to be
> honest I don't know anything about the IMAP stuff in kmail.

I was hoping so, but the file on the server had definitly 0 bytes :-(

>> The bad thing with kmail and imap is, is that it allows several
>> actions in parallel, but there is only one status line. So you never
>> know which action the progress bar is for and if actions you did
>> before are really finished. An impatient user as I am one never waits
>> until actions are finished. I also use the stop button quite a lot,
>> if I have to wait too long.
>> Maybe I should request the "feature" to block parallel actions for
>> imap?
>
> Or maybe you should request a "safe mode" which disables the Stop button
> for impatient users. ;-)

Several progress bars, one for each unfinished action would be great.
And/Or an easier way to get rid of single messages: Maybe there should be 2
ways of deleting mails: one that moves a mail to trash and another one that
really deletes mails, just like in konqueror's file manager.

Please don't get me wrong - kmail is really great and a killer app for KDE.

Greetings,
eva