On Wednesday 27 February 2002 01:12 pm, Michael H=E4ckel wrote: > On Monday 25 February 2002 22:56:22, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > The following patch preserves KMail's filter settings in case the fol= der > > happens to not exists for some reason. Filters involving non-existing > > folders are preserved but ignored > > I think, this change lowers the usability for "normal" users that don't > experiment with moving their ~/Mail around. Sorry but I find it unacceptable that KMail decides for me that I don't n= eed=20 this information any more. It is common practice in KDE to ask users firs= t=20 whether information should be discarded. > Currently, if I for example unsubscribe from a mailing list and am no > longer interested in the mails, I just unsubscribe and delete the folde= r. > With your change I would also have to look for stale filter rules. What about deleting the filter rules when a folder gets deleted? Somethin= g=20 like that seems to be necassery anyway to prevent the crash that was=20 reported. > I didn't test it, but does your read/write combobox also work, if two > folders have to same name, but are subfolders of different top level > folders? When you type the name I assume the result will be ambiguous. When you se= lect=20 the name from the list it should work as before. > Independant of your patch it crashes always on exit, after I try to fil= ter > to a non existing folder. At least, when I delete the folder with KMail > while it is running and don't restart it before. That needs to be fixed then. > BTW: The problem, that the folder properties are also lost it still the= re > with your patch. Good point. > I think, we better leave it as it is until we have a real solution. I will try to come up with a better solution based on the input from Marc= and=20 you. > > This would IMO improve the usability of KMail since it would reduce t= he > > steps necassery to create a filter+folder for a mailinglist. > > Maybe it would also be enough, if it would be just part of the automati= c > filter creation. Marc's suggestion of using a button sounds good as well, then the combox=20 doesn't need to be read/write. Cheers, Waldo --=20 Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to= it. -- Bob Bemer _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail