List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Forwarding encrypted mail does not decrypt
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <ingo.kloecker () epost ! de>
Date:       2002-02-17 21:23:33

On Sunday 17 February 2002 16:54, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2002 16:12, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > To sum up I propose the following:
> > - Make it impossible to move/drag messages to the outbox.
>
> I don't like this. We should add more DnD to KMail, not remove it.

But that doesn't mean that DnD has to work for everything. DnD for
folders (moving/resorting folders) and DnD for messages (manual
threading) would be nice. But DnD a message from whatever folder to the
outbox is a) superfluous and b) error prone (i.e. if you move received
messages to the outbox).

> IMO, moving a message to the outbox should be equivalent to "edit',
> followed by "send later".

Maybe.

> > - Add a "Send message (now/later)" action to the header RMB menu.
>
> To the draft's folder or to every folder?
> I'm opposed to adding this for every folder for obvious reasons. I'm
> all for adding it to the draft's folder's menu.

Now that we have identity specific drafts folders it doesn't make sense
to limit this functionality to the system "drafts" folder. We should
definitely re-add the Edit to the RMB menu of all folders (maybe except
the sent-mail folder and the trash folder).

> > - Add a "X-KMail-Last-Changed" header to messages saved as drafts
> > instead of changing the Date header.
>
> What do you gain if you introduce a new header? I don't like this. If
> you update the X-KMail-Last-Changed header, then you could as well
> adjust the Date header. That way, you don't need to update everything
> in KMail that wants to display a date. If there's so much demand, we
> should provide a feature to remove attachments (since that's what
> this is all about), not try to polish the current workaround.

Well, there are many people who want to be able to remove attachments.
Furthermore there is a wish to be able to add comments to a message.
And then there is a wish to be able to change the subject of received
message. All of this is possible if you edit the message. Unfortunately
this changes at least the date of the message (and maybe also some
other headers). This isn't just a workaround. IMO being able to edit
received messages with changing any headers (which the user didn't
change on purpose) should be possible.

> Workarounds need not be perfect. Else they'd not be workarounds
> anymore. If this particular workaround only has the drawback of
> requiring one additional "move" and of resetting the date header - it
> _is_ almost perfect.

Last time I checked resetting the date header wasn't possible.

> To sum up:
> - Dragging a message to the outbox should be equivalent to "edit,
> send later" (without showing the composer, of course). That's
> probably not possible currently, since KMComposer does too much
> non-GUI stuff, but...

That would be o.k. for me.

> - Add a "Send now/later" action to the draft's header RMB menu.

No, to the RMB menu of all folders (cf. above).

Regards,
Ingo