List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Move to, Copy to...
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-02-04 23:24:33

On Monday 04 February 2002 12:41, Brendan wrote:
> >Simpler is not doing it.  Simpler is right clicking on an email, and as I
get
> >to the sub-area I want to have the new folder, choosing 'new folder', and
> >getting hit with a pop up box to name it.  When I hit 'OK', the email goes
> >there.
>
> Do any other GUI email clients (Windows/Mac/Linux) do this?
> This might be a good indicator if this is a good idea...

Well, this sucks, since it is a .pdf file, but there is a Eudora manual at
http://www.eudora.com/email/docs/index.html .  I read it, and it says on page
119 (page 119 in the .pdf file, too) the following:

"
Creating a Mailbox or Folder During Transfer

To create a mailbox and transfer the current message into it at the same time,
do the following:

o  From the _Transfer_ menu, choose _New_ instead of the name of a mailbox.
The New Mailbox dialog box appears.

You can create a new mailbox or mail folder.  For details, see "Creating
Mailboxes and Folders" on page 112.  When you are done, the current message
is transferred into the new mailbox.

To create the new mailbox without transferring the message into it, select the
"Don't transfer, just create mailbox."
"

the "Release Notes" (which are in text format) attest to this a little bit
too, dealing with a bug they used to have in the find messages stuff.

I have never used Eudora on a Mac, but I have a guess that it works the same
way.  The manual for the Mac version is not in a format I can read.

rob