On Monday 04 February 2002 05:18, Volker Augustin wrote: > > About creation of non-existant folders, why not simply add a New_fold= er > > button next to the target folder selection in the config dialog. I > > don't see the need for automatic folder creation. If the user wants t= o > > move messages to a folder he could simply create it at once. Why shou= ld > > folder creation be delayed? >=20 > A new folder button is an option. However, it only solves part of the=20 problem. > Robs point of view is that a filter should created necessary folders as= =20 needed=20 > and *recreate* them if they are deleted. Obviously Eudora does it like = that.=20 > I disagree on this issue. So we thought it would be best to make that=20 > configurable.=20 Actually, I think that we should hide most of our configuration options b= ehind=20 an 'advanced' button. That way most people could get the most work done = by=20 seeing the fewest options (isn't that what wizards/druids are for?). As for folders, I think that The Average User (TAU) doesn't need to think= =20 about them. They are an artifact of our back-end storage, which in this = case=20 is IMAP or localdisk or POP. What happens when it is SQL databases? Thi= nk=20 about folders apart from their implementation. I think that folders shou= ld=20 be created automatically when an email is stored there, and (sigh, yes,=20 user-configurable) deleted when no email is there anymore. Or, at the le= ast,=20 greyed out if empty. rob _______________________________________________ kmail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail