List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmailrc-HowTo?
From:       Johannes Liedtke <lists () liedtkeweb ! de>
Date:       2002-02-03 23:20:03

On Sunday 03 February 2002 23:24, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2002 21:00, Johannes Liedtke wrote:
<snip>
> > - there are almost twice as much identities in there compared to what
> > kmail shows in the dialogs... (some old stuff and some "almost"
> > duplicates)
>
> If you configure an account and delete it, the entry stays in the config
> (AFAIK the password is deleted).

hmm... thanx so far... how does kmail determine which ones are valid?
How could I then restore a deleted account? (I guess that's the reason why it
keeps the record, right?)

> > - how do the settings in the kmailrc correspond to the stuff in
> > .kde2/share/apps/kmail ? (the files looking like pop-access stuff)
>
> These are pop and imap-data (e.g. the imap-cache).

ok... what would I loose when I just restored a kmailrc w/o having those
files?

Is there really no place where I could learn this stuff w/o having to bug you
guys on the list?

Hansen