List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: How to make KMail play nice with mutt and procmail
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-02-02 17:41:54

On Saturday 02 February 2002 08:03, Michael Häckel wrote:

> > The only problem might be if mutt adds some headers/messages and deletes
> > some messages almost at the same time so that the filesize stays the
> > same. This is very unlikely to ever happen. We'd anyway have to check
>
> If mails have an average size of 4KB, the chance is at least 1/4000 if the
> file size is about the same.

"about the same" doesn't matter.  "exactly the same" does.  I don't understand
the odds you presented.  Are you saying that "when the emails average out to
4KB in size, there is a one in four thousand chance that the size will be the
same after adding an email and removing an email?"  I would also wonder what
the odds were that someone would read/delete/expunge _one_ email and receive
_one_ email.

rob