List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: still KAccel problems :}
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 23:44:06

Hi Carsten,

On Thursday 31 January 2002 17:07, you wrote:
> [snip]
> I use "c" in kmail for starting a new composer, e.g. the "New Message"
> action. The shortcut dialog shows the configuration just fine, but invoking
> "c" just makes the "Copy to folder" dialog appear. Althogh that action
> doesn't show any shortcut (I think the default for it is "c", but I set it
> to "None", which the dialog shows perfectly).

The problem is that the "Copy To Folder" shortcut is hardcoded.  The "Copy To"
and "Move To" actions which shows up in the shortcut configuration dialog
shouldn't be there.  I'm trying to fix it right now so that they won't be
shown.  The other problem is in kdenetwork/kmail/kmmainwin.cpp:

  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_Up),
		     mMsgView, SLOT(slotScrollUp()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_Down),
		     mMsgView, SLOT(slotScrollDown()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_Prior),
		     mMsgView, SLOT(slotScrollPrior()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_Next),
		     mMsgView, SLOT(slotScrollNext()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_M),
                     this, SLOT(slotMoveMsg()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_C),
                     this, SLOT(slotCopyMsg()));
  accel->connectItem(accel->insertItem(Key_Delete),
		     this, SLOT(slotDeleteMsg()));

At least the MoveMsg and CopyMsg actions shouldn't be hardcoded.  Really, none
of them should be.  I'm sending a CC of this to the kmail list to see what
they have to say.

Regards,
Ellis