List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: mbox -> maildir converter in KMail?
From:       Wolfgang Rohdewald <wr6 () uni ! de>
Date:       2002-01-31 19:09:38

On 31.01.2002 19:24, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> Where's the problem? Simply create a new folder (maildir of course) and
> then move all messages from the old mbox folder to the new maildir
> folder. Iterate over all your folders. ;-)

for a few hundred folders...

create new folder with different name
move messages
delete old folder
rename new folder to old name
Re - edit all filters - the move-to-folder must be reentered !

A shell script could help: It would rename all old mbox folders to
folder.mbox and generate corresponding new maldir folders. I had
something like this but it's gone for good.

With that script, you only have to move the messages manually.
Then compress all folders and have another script remove all empty
mbox folders.

Using such scripts means that the filters do not have to be re - edited
because the target folder always exists.

Still properties like mailing list address must be reentered.

Wolfgang