List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems sending encrypted messages
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 18:38:58

On Thursday 31 January 2002 11:49, Volker Augustin wrote:
> However, after I did this, I might forget
> about it. And so, in the future I might be tempted to think, that I *did*
> verify this key in the past.
> For that reason it might be better to allow users to encrypt to unverified/
> untrusted keys. Maybe popup a warning message each time.

I agree.  Not allowing the user to do this automatically in kmail is asking
for trouble.  Most users are going to sign locally, giving them a false sense
of security.

I was going to try to add an option to the security preferences dialog (just
did a cvsup now to do it) which said "allow encryption to un-verified keys".
Do you think a pop-up would be better?

rob