List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    About the documentation
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 19:17:07

Hi,

Below some things, that should be changed in the documentation.

[Setting up your Account]

> You can use different ways of sending messages for different identities by
> adding them with the Add Transport... button in the Identity section.

This works now slightly different.

> APOP and CRAM-MD5 are secure on their own, all the other options are only
> secure when used together with SSL or TLS.

DIGEST-MD5 is of course also save. It is the savest of all. RFC2831 claims
that it prevents unlike CRAM-MD5 "chosen plaintext attacks" because the
client also has influence on the MD5 hash by choosing it's own random value.

In order of security from save to less save: DIGEST-MD5, CRAM-MD5, APOP.
LOGIN and PLAIN prevent at least against people with a packet sniffer that
don't know how base64 encoding works.

[6.14. Does KMail support uuencoded files?]

> No. However, you can handle them using a filter, which is described in this

This link is not really helpful.

[6.2. The <recipients> doesn't contain xxx filter criterion doesn't work.]

I think, this has been renamed from <To or Cc> to <recipients> and works now
as <To doesn't contain> and <Cc doesn't contain>.

Regards,
Michael Häckel