List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    kmail under Solaris and Linux
From:       Jochen Reinwand <Jochen.Reinwand () lau-net ! de>
Date:       2002-01-28 15:40:07

Hi,

I want to switch to kde 2.2.2 in our computer pool, because we are still
running 1.1.2. But migration to 2.2.2 is impossible by now because of kmail.
Our Pool is a mixed Pool of Solaris and Linux machines using a home directory
mounted via NFS.
The problem: the .*.index files of kmail seem to have a byte order problem.
If the file is generated under Linux, Solaris does not display any messages.
Only the messages that arrive during the folder is active can be accessed. If
you switch to another folder an back they vanish. They are not deleted from
the folder file, but it is not possible to access them out of kmail.
Deleting .*.index is the only way to fix it. Now you can read your Mails with
Solaris. But now Linux cannot access the mail folders...

Do I make something wrong, are there any hidden configuration options or is
it a bug?

regards
Jochen