List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-27 20:22:47

On Sunday 27 January 2002 16:15, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Sunday 27 January 2002 15:25, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I'm not sure, if that is the best way to implement this
> > functionality, but it seems to work. One problem is that it's hard
> > to set this up for a "normal" user. Is there an easy way to
> > configure a KMail filter from an external program?
>
> Maybe we should add a "dcop kmail KMailIface addFilter" ?

This might be a solution.

> Anyway for this kind of thing I also wouldn't have a problem with
> hard coding it into KMail and ask the user if he want's to pass it to
> KOrganizer if it is installed, instead of using an external filter
> script that parses all incoming mail.

It would be nice, if KMail could pass the decoded attachement to
KOrganizer, if a mail comes in, which has an iCalendar attachement.
Perhaps this could be implemented in a more generic way by using some
kind of plugin interface or at least configuration options instead of
hardcoding iCalendar and KOrganizer. Passing all incoming mails through
a filter script is probably really not the optimal solution.