List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message moving speedup
From:       Ronen Tzur <rtzur () shani ! net>
Date:       2002-01-09 13:23:48

Hello

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 07:21, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2002 01:33, Ronen Tzur wrote:
> > So far, pretty good, now for the bad news.  I don't do IMAP, never did,
> > and don't plan on starting anytime soon.  I don't know for sure, but I am
> > willing to bet that applying this patch breaks IMAP support.  Looking
> > through the IMAP code in KMail, well, it is a little too, ahem,
> > complicated to understand, so I gave up on IMAP entirely.  Perhaps
> > someone with a bit more IMAP experience might give that a shot...?
> >
> > Please give it a look, and post your comments.  Thanks.
>
> Well, for local folders it seems to work well, thanks.

Actually, since I posted the patch I found and fixed one more little bug, in
the new KMMsgList::remove.

> However when I try to move messages between IMAP folders, I get an
> assertion failure.

I can't say I'm surprised.   The KMFolder::take(), shown in the backtrace, is
a part of the old mechanism which, like I said, my patch mostly broke.

Still, if you want this patch to go in, it would have to be someone else
(other than me) that adapts this to IMAP.

Or, you can just throw it away ;-)