List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMMsgDict slowness
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-04 15:21:05

On Friday 04 January 2002 22:43, Ronen Tzur wrote:

> I'm thinking about adding a generic virtual
> KMFolder::removeMsgs(QValueList<int>), to be called by
> KMHeaders::moveMsgToFolder().  For IMAP folder, its implementation of
> removeMsgs() could prepare the list of QPtrList<KMMessage> and invoke the
> KMFolderImap::removeMsg() you did.  Sounds ok?

I think so.

BTW: You should first sort the ids ascending and then create the list. This
results then in the IMAP UIDs also being sorted ascending which has some
advantages.

Using the KMMessage objects is still not really nice, but this is a unrelated
problem and it does work now.
Long term I plan to also add the IMAP message UID to the index file of the
imap folder cache, then all required information would be there and there
would be really no need for passing KMMessage objects any more.

Regards,
Michael Häckel