List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMMsgDict slowness
From:       Ronen Tzur <rtzur () shani ! net>
Date:       2002-01-04 14:29:59

On Friday 04 January 2002 06:04, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2002 17:00, Ronen Tzur wrote:
> It seems, my guess with 12 messages per second was fairly good, I measured
> 11.8.

:-)

> Still removing messages from a 15000 messages folder, about 200000 messages
> totally in ~/Mail, KMail compiled without optimization and -g on a PII 266.
> Since the dictionary code is now in KMail and no longer in Qt -O2
> -march=i686 might give some more speed, but that always takes ages to
> compile.

Okay, if you get around to trying that, I would be interested to know
how (or if?) it improves things.  After all, now it does no-lookup, so I
think it should be at least the 15 messages/sec you had by making
the lookup faster.

> > I've started looking into the change we discussed, and it really touches
> > on quite a few things.  A lot of opportunity to mess things up...  ;-)
> Nevertheless, if we want to make it really fast someday I still can't see a
> different possibility than updating everything together.

Well, I did already start a patch in that direction, so I'll keep at it for
now, and see how that goes.