List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMMsgDict slowness
From:       Ronen Tzur <rtzur () shani ! net>
Date:       2002-01-02 17:14:56

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 10:17, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 January 2002 21:53, Ronen Tzur wrote:
>
> The speed is now about 8 messages per second which is twice as fast as
> before with 9973 as prime number.

Alright, then I will try to implement the final optimization, which would be
to have the reverse-array point directly to the corresponding entry
in the dictionary (instead of keeping the serial number for that message).

But for KMMsgDict::getMsgSerNum() to still work in this situtation requires
four more bytes per dictionary element, to keep the serial number.
Is this ok?

> However it now crashes always, when I try to store a message in the drafts
> folder.

That doesn't happen here.   I tried both moving an existing message
into the drafts folder, and also "Save in Drafts Folder" from the composer.
Both work.

Maybe I need to update from cvs.

(I did however get in one of those attempts a lot of warnings from QGArray
about index out of range, but I can't seem to be able to reproduce it.)

Anyway, can you post the backtrace, please?