List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug: Ghost messages after a crash
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-02 16:44:18

On Monday 31 December 2001 16:28, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> additionally to the problem that some messages aren't automatically
> marked as read anymore after a crash I found another problem.
>
> To reproduce all this
> - create a folder aaa with subfolders bbb and ccc
> - put some message into bbb and mark some of them unread
> - restart KMail (to make sure all indeces are written)
> - move some read and some unread messages from bbb to ccc
> - crash KMail (e.g. with killall -6 kmail)
> - start KMail

I tried exactely that, but can't see a problem.
I also don't fully understand, how this can happen. If I crash KMail directely
after moving the messages, the serial numbers of the messages in the new
folders are not written and therefore they get new different ones on the next
start.
If I leave the folder first, I don't get duplicate mails.

Regards,
Michael Häckel