List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for setting mails as read
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-31 18:38:01

On Monday 31 December 2001 19:12, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Sunday 30 December 2001 13:00, Michael Häckel wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Disabled actions in the context menu violate the style guide.
>
> <snip>
>
> Then the styleguide is BS in that point.
> Look at Konqi's navigation actions in the RMB menu ("Forward" is
> disabled here...)

I just was looking, but I currently can't find it anymore. It seems this has
been removed from the styleguide meanwhile.

> You don't want to hide functionality from the user. If you don't want
> him to click on a button, you disable it, not hide it.

The idea was, that the context menu as the name says should only display
actions that are available in the current context. The main menu displays
everything.

Some time ago we changed all actions in the context menu of the foldertree
from disabled to hidden, when they are not available, because of that.

Regards,
Michael Häckel