List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Remove "Date (Order of Arrival)"
From:       Michael Haeckel <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-12-17 9:39:27

On Sunday, 16. December 2001 22:02, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> O.k. Does it use the date of the message files or the unsorted order in
> the folder directory?

It uses the order in the index file which doesn't change as long nobody
removes the index file.
Anyway sorting by serial numbers would be better.

> IMO yes. But I guess we should write a legacy converter which imports
> all entries from the internal addressbook into the kab database.

KAddressbook should already be able to import this format as any comma
separated lists, but not every users might find this function and the old
file.

Regards,
Michael Häckel