List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] kmmessage.h
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-01 8:06:08

On Saturday 01 December 2001 07:55, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello all
> during testing popFilters I found a problem which was introduced in
> kmmessage.h. If the size of the message is set by setMsgSize the
> mMsgLength is not set.

No, it should not.

There are two different variables required. mMsgSize is also in the base class
KMMsgBase and stores the size the mail used in the mbox file on the hard
disc.

For example in the case of IMAP this are only the headers and the body is
loaded on demand. mMsgLength is supposed to store the complete size of the
mail.
Therefore, please add a setMsgLength if you really have to do set this from
outside of KMMessage.

Regards,
Michael Häckel