List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] kmfolderdia
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-27 17:50:58

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 18:40, Carsten Burghardt wrote:

> Basically a good idea but pretty complex, you need to create and delete a
> folder and a message to test that.
> Then we know the general setting and can apply it to all folders, ok. But
> what to do if folders already have mails and we don't know the setting? Let
> the user create a folder and wait if it fails? That's not very nice.

Meanwhile I think it is pretty easy. Everything including the dialog could be
done by the kio slave, then it would even work from Konqueror. There is no
need to put a mail into the folder to test.

- We create the folder with "CREATE <foldername>"
- We do a "LIST <foldername>".
- If we see \NoInferiors is the output, we ask the user what folder type he
  prefers.
- If he chooses one that can contain subfolders, we remove the folder again
  and do "CREATE <foldername><hierarchy-delimiter>".

Regards,
Michael Häckel