List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] kmfolderdia
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-27 10:09:38

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 12:36, Marc Mutz wrote:

> What about not showing the option at all, not only disabling it? The
> best way would be to not even create the widget in the c'tor if we
> don't need it, though an explicit QWidget::hide() might do. If there

This is done this way, when changing the properties of an existing folder.

> are disabled items in a dialog, the user will try to find the switch
> that enables them....

There is a switch. When choosing "Top level" or a local folder in the combo
box, they should be enabled, when choosing an IMAP folder they should be
disabled.

Besides that, there is still a little inconsintency. Currently it is possible
to move local folders by changing the parent folder. That doesn't work yet
for IMAP.
To make that working we would have to implement also moving complete folders
from local to IMAP, IMAP to local or even between different IMAP servers.

Regards,
Michael Häckel