List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Crypto plugins (was: Re: Fwd: Mitarbeit?)
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 6:02:52

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 20:56, Marc Mutz wrote:

<snip>

> This is what I see now happening from your schedule. You want to
> implement the KMail plugin structure first, where it would have to be
> almost last if it should be done cleanly.

Ok, please let's stop discussing the "cleanly" theory: there always
are several ways how to design software and this time it seems that the
way preferred by you and is just different from our one.

Believe me (as I wrote before) that the result will please you since
we are not toooo different in our concepts.

> Now, that may be the BSI's fault,

Sorry, Marc, but there is _no_ fault.
Just different opinions on the 'clean' way how to do this.

> which didn't seem to see a need for talking to the mutt and
> KMail guys _first_, but hacked up a specification and set a
> much too tight schedule without having a clue about bazaar
> development models.

Sorry for replying somewhat impolitely now:  You are completely wrong!

> It's not cool to have a bunch of officials come along with a bag
> of money and tell someone unrelated to hack up Sphinx support into
> KMail.

Again, Marc:  Your frustration makes you suspect things that aren't true.

> One would really expect the BSI to contact KDE developers first,

Ok, you have the right to say your opinion in clear words and I am
not going to tell you to stop since I am not your boss.

But the same right is mine, so please don't be angry about my reply:

  In my opinion you are acting like somebody receiving a present
  and starting to argue about it being imperfect...

a) For several times we have affirmed you about our will to listen
   (and take into account!) your hints how we could make Ägypten
   fit well into the KDE.

b) The LDAP issue and other ongoing discussion shows that, yes, we
   _are_ able to change our plan if we see a large benefit for KDE
   in doing so.

c) _This_ time you and I have different opinions how things 'should'
   be done.

So, please, stop critizising the BSI and stop suspecting them being
narrow minded or myopic!

for the records:

   The BSI people we met are people of integrity and they _want_ us
   to make our job in cooperation with the community.
   (Of course we would have done so anyway.)

Narrow time schedule does not necessarily mean 'bad patron' but can
have several reasons that I will not explain now.

Criticizing the BSI for things you don't like in our Ägypten plan
is both _wrong_ and __unfair_ sp please stop it and concentrate to
critiicize /me/ instead - if you really have to.

Marc, I thank you in advance.

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

   BugCops  ***  Making Free Software Better  ***  http://bugcops.org