List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PGP 2 support
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2001-10-30 8:40:12

Let's use some common sense here.  It isn't possible to satisfy every user's
preference; not because that user isn't important, but because resources are
always limited.  In this case it is impossible to please everyone; someone
pointed out that some user's would abandon kmail; I would indeed abondon it
myself if a giant security vulnerablility is introduced for a trivial
increase in ease of use.  (Like everything else, you could argue about
whether this is a security vulnerability; I believe that it is.

Finally, let's not take things personally.  The kmail developers are doing a
great job.  I use kmail for all my mail, and I receive thousands of email
messages sometimes.  Kmail has never crashed on me.  (Are there features I'd
like to see in kmail?  Sure.  Are they important?  No.

- --
Seth Kurtzberg
Machine Independent Software
Office:  (480) 661-1849