List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PGP 2 support
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan () intevation ! de>
Date:       2001-10-30 7:53:00

Hi Ingo,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:17:35PM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2001 17:52, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > In the Ägypten-Project we will make the code more modular.
> > The old support will stay available as a module as it is,
> > so the situation does not change with this step.
> > No functionality is lost.
> > This old methods to call pgp and gpg will not be further
> > maintained within the Ägypten-project.
> > (This is what Werner probably meant by "drop support".)
>
> Well, but someone has to write the module with the "old support". Who
> will do this? Obviously Werner won't do it because that would mean that
> he has to include PGP 2 support.

we'll do this job. It is the very first to work on before we proceed
with the actual gpg-Plug-In for OpenPGP/S/MIME support.

Of course it would be nice to have many testers to try out
the current PGP2 support transformed into a Plug-In :-)

> > The Plug-in coming out of the Ägypten-Project will be able to handle
> > OpenPGP support for Kmail through gnupg.
>
> As long as people who can't use GnuPG, for whatever the reasons may be,
> will be still able to use encryption with KMail this is fine for me.

we try our very best to ensure this via transforming the current functionality
into a Plug-In. Once you are accept the new style as working, we will
leave this part to be maintained by others and concentrate on the gpp Plug-In.

Hope this is OK for you?

Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/