found a Solution! :-) On Monday 29 October 2001 15:48, Marc Mutz wrote: > On Sunday 28 October 2001 18:15, Michael H=E4ckel wrote: > > > > Why does removing of well working stuff free resources? > > > > Because we want to enhance KMail in the encrypt/sign department > dramatically: > > - S/MIME > - RFC3156 > - using gpgme > > These alone require an almost complete rewrite of kpgp. We should > base it on gpgme, but that doesn't support PGPi. =2E. > So (temporarily) dropping PGPi would mean a drastic simplification > for the kpgp module. Studying our specifications regarding this PGP issues this morning I was happy to find out that, yes, we _will_ be able to provide a solution that will pease you and us. :) This is what we will do: The following steps ensure that a working implementation is available whenever possible: 1. Implement the necessary integration functionality (plugin loader, etc.) in KMail. 2. Write a null plugin to test the KMail integration functionality. 3. Convert the current OpenPGP functionality in KMail into a security plugin. Test the functionality as taken from the plugin. 4. Remove the built-in OpenPGP functionality from KMail. 5. Write a second plugin that uses GPGME. Test the functionality of this plugin. Hint: For reading this .sgml file, you might want to run the command "db2html mua-integration.sgml". This will create a directory "mua-integration", just open the file mua-integration/t1.html in konqueror. Now in case (s)he wants to have the old OpenPGP based functionallity as it was before will be: just use the "OpenPGP Plug-In" instead of the new "GpgME Plug-In". Does that sound good? :) Karl-Heinz --=20 Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult = AB BugCops *** Making Free Software Better *** http://bugcops.org _______________________________________________ kmail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail