List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail crashes when I try to answer to many addresses
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-10-29 11:47:33

On Monday 29 October 2001 10:57, Michael Häckel wrote:
|   On Monday 29 October 2001 11:16, Andre Hinrichs wrote:
|   > Hi!
|   >
|   > I have received a mail which were targeted to many people (71) and I
|   > wanted to answer everybody of them, but kmail crashed including the
|   > whole kde! The system switched back to console.
|   > I'm using KMail 1.3.1 (KDE 2.2.1)
|   > System is a SuSE 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7
|   > XFree86 Version 4.1.0
|   >
|   > Hope, this helps.
|
|   No, it doesn't help, since I we know the problem already and really can't
| do anything about it in KMail besides limiting the number of people you can
| have in a header. This happens in any edit field, not only in KMail.
|
|   If you report it to XFree86, maybe they finally believe then that this
| problem still exists.

I had following crash for Kmail (to be precise, not *crash* but abnormal exit)
I guess I copied into clipboard rather big text (may be, 20K)
Than I by mistake past'ed it to Subject field.
KMail crashed (exited immediately), but KDE and X remained fully operational.
So my experience was slightly different from what Andre Hinrichs had
(also Kmail 1.3.1)

I guess this is QT (lineedit widget) bug, or I am wrong here?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)