List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Converting Netscape Filters to Kmail
From:       James Mohr <jimmo () jimmo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 10:51:24

Servus Marc!

My initial problem was that the files are not stored in ~/.kde, but
rather ~/.kde2. That's why I did not see any changed to my kmailrc file.
I tried right-clicking the new messages. However, I do not find any menu
option that allows me to create filters. I currently have SuSE 7.2 which
uses Kmail 1.2. Is this a feature in a more recent version.

As for writing a script to create the filters, my filters are pretty
basic. Generally, there is one single address (or domain) for each rule
and either it goes into a specific folder or it gets deleted. I think it
is a pretty straight-forward task. Further, I disagree that Netscape
"has the more powerful criteria". One of the biggest reasons for
switching is the ability to filter on "any header", which Netscape does
not have. I have so many spam traps, where the X-Envelope contains the
address that I want to filter. Up to know, I have had to delete them all
by hand. In any event, I'll try the script and see how it goes.

Thank you very much for all of you help!

Best Regards,

Jim Mohr

Marc Mutz wrote:

--

"Science has promised man power...But, as so often happens when people are