On Tuesday 16 October 2001 18:31, Cornelius Schumacher wrote: > The categories can be used for grouping addresses. I will > add the function "Addressee::List > AddressBook::findByCategory( const QString & )". Then you > can easily get all entries belonging to a certain > category. Each entry can have multiple categories. Does > this fulfil the requirements of distribution lists or is > there something else, which has to be added? I believe this fulfills the requirements. (Aliases are distribution lists of length one so they are done too). > > I see adresse.h and address.h, etc is there a reason > > why (library header) files are not k prefixed? > > The classes live in their own namespace and the headers > will be installed in an own subdirectory, so their is no > need for prefixes. I see, ok. > Hmm, I don't understand ... > You might not be able to edit addresses put > into the address book by another program, but this is a > limitation of the client, not of the API. You understand just fine :-) > > > - Dialog for selecting address book entries, supports > > > mouse and keyboard selection, supports automatic name > > > completion. > > > > Sounds interesting (unfortunately didn't look at it > > yet) is it functional? Perhaps KMail could reuse it. > > It is functional. You can test it with the test program > testkabcdlg (Use "make check" to build it). Before using > it you have to create some entries in the addressbook, > either by importing the libkab address book (with > kab2kabc) or manually with the GUI frontend in > kdepim/kabc/frontend. I miss a Name field when I import using kab2kabc, perhaps it could use the formatted name if the name field is empty. > > Basically the kabc api looks ok to me. > > That's nice to hear :-) Yes, categories is what I wanted. Don. _______________________________________________ kmail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail