List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Eudora --> Kmail filter conversion and other things...
From:       Brendan <coolian () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-10-05 7:31:24

I know that I have posted before about Eudora to Kmail conversion, but I use
both, and want to use kmail more and more. I also would like to help people
out in making the transition.

I have "discovered" (it's probably well-known already) that Eudora keeps its'
filter rules in a file in its' root directory, called Filters.pce (initial
cap needed).
The format of the file goes like this:
"
rule «Any Recipient»kmail@mail.kde.org
transfer Tech.fol\KDE2.fol\Kmail.mbx
incoming
manual
header «Any Recipient»
verb contains
value kmail@mail.kde.org
conjunction or
header «Any Recipient»
verb contains
value kmail@kde.org
"

I would like to make the transition from Eudora to Kmail as easy as possible
for people, so I would like to try (or find a project which is working on
this already) to make this conversion logic happen.

Also, as a side note, the eudora.ini file contains LOTS of "importable"
goodies that I'm sure could be grabbed by a big kmail import util.

"Select the program that you want to import from:"
If Eudora is selected, prompt them for the root Eudora folder
Check here if you want to have your Eudora preferences imported into Kmail
Check here if you want to have your Eudora filters imported into Kmail...

I know that the addressbook has already been done for Eudora Light. Does this
work for Eudora Pro 5.1 (the latest version)?

So, the questions really boil down to:
1.) What, if any, progress has been made on importing filters from Eudora to
Kmail?
2.) What, if any, progress has been made on importing preferences from Eudora
to Kmail?
3.) What is the current status on importing the addressbook in Eudora?

Again, I'm just looking to lend a hand, so I wouldn't like to waste anyone's
time.

Thank you,
Brendan Barry