List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: find Imap-Folder
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-15?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-10-04 18:21:13

Hi,

On Thursday 04 October 2001 13:10, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I'm not (yet) subscribed to the mailinglist I'm answering directly to
> you. The find-function uses mDir to iterate over the folderlist, so it'll
> only find folders that are in the curently active account, doesn't it?
> I tested it with a local and an imap-account and didn't have any problems.
> I thought it's more intuitively to use find, but there is no _special_ need
> if the user selects the folder where kmail should store the sent and
> deleted-messages.

With that change it does find all local folders with these names, even if they
are somewhere nested and all IMAP folders on all accounts with these names,
depending if you search for local or for IMAP folders. Well, probably it just
returns the first one it finds somewhere though.

At least I don't like this kind of automatic, where the user doesn't know
what's going on and where his sent-mail folder is actually stored.
Also the user has to have the idea on its own, that he has to create a folder
with the name "sent-mail" on the server to get his sent mails there.

Even then finding the folder is still only a little part of the job. There are
some special issues, since transfering to and from IMAP folders is
asyncronously and can eventually fail and in this case no mail should get
lost.

Regards,
Michael Häckel