List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenetwork build working?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-09-30 14:45:07

On Sunday 30 September 2001 16:14, Bart Kus wrote:
> 	I tried to build the latest kdenetwork package, as per Michael Hackel's
> suggestion.  After much battle getting Qt to install properly and be
> detected by kdenetwork's configure script, I managed to get to the gmake
> stage.  It compiled a little, and then crapped out.  I ran it again and
> saved the output (so you won't see all the sources that successfully
> compiled).  Then I thought, maybe I should just try a gmake in the kmail/
> subdir.  That failed too.  Once again, I repeated the gmake and saved the
> output.  I should mention that I'm compiling this on a 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD
> system.

This output make the impression that you are using a wrong version of kdelibs.
You need of course also kdelibs from HEAD installed (with "make install") in
the directory you specified with --prefix.

If you want to have SMTP/POP3/IMAP support in KMail, then you also need
kdebase, but not at compile time.

> 	I'm pretty sure I should be sending this somewhere else, since most
> mailing lists don't like attachments, but at this point I've no idea where
> or to who. Not sure this qualifies as a bug report, since I'm most likely
> doing something really newbishly stupid.

Actually kde-devel@kde.org is the place for such compiling issues.

Regards,
Michael Häckel