List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    [Aegypten] plan: LDAP support via new kioslave!
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-29 15:23:55

Hi,

please have a look at our web page:

   http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/tech.en.html

It has been updated to reflect the new design for Ägypten's LDAP access.

On ( http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/images/module-overview-ldap.png ) there
is a detailed view of the LDAP modules.

new:
    Instead of developing a separate module useless for KDE we will
    use the new (== planned) LDAP kioslave and share all LDAP code
    that is not KDE-dependent in a special "shared LDAP Module".

Since Marko Samastur and Darrell Esau offered their help in improving
KDE LDAP support they and I will make a plan how to do things and present
our proposal to the KMail list soon...

Ciao,

  Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

   BugCops  ***  Making Free Software Better  ***  http://bugcops.org